Monday, February 9, 2015

Centennial Brook on snowshoe. South Burlington, VT

Centennial Brook photos, South Burlington, VT


Snowshoe hike took me along Centennial Brook  and woods in South Burlington, Vermont. Soon I came upon a Y and was at first undecided on which way to go from there.

 I looked at the Y from various angles and finally decided to

      follow the shadow. 


Of course sometimes I had to go either over or under or around. 




Other times I chased the sun. 

South Burlington, VT photos


                            Getting closer. 






                         Field Goal.




               Sometimes the sun tried to hide from me.


Which by the way, it was doing its best to
           offer up some hope that spring will come eventually. 


I didn't see any birds though, 
                       except for this petrified bird. 




Maybe the birds were holed up and peeking out at me the whole time.












Soon I became hungry, and fortunately found this to chew on. 
       Much obliged to the beaver who 
       took it down. 



I guess the birds found                   some chewy treats as well. 







Someone left a few trail markers, so 

 no chance I was going to get lost. 










                                                     Do not go past this point.

                                               Go straight up over that there hill. 

                                         Beware of snow sink hole. 



 The trail goes in many directions from here-you are on your own from here on out.



  All in all the woods and stream were graceful hosts.
       These lovely birch bowed politely as I came by.


The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera ~ Dorothea Lange

Click below for more info. on Centennial Brook & woods.




To view any of the other Natural areas, Parks, and Bike-Path photos, in my Community  series, click on the Table of Contents tab on the top of  this blog, page down to Community then click on the posting of your choice.  

Bernie publishes essays and photos reflecting Vermont values of Green and Clean and Community. He urges us all to pick up litter and maintain a litter free environment through caring, community, and contribution in order to protect our water, wildlife, and human health. 
Bernie resides in SB, Vermont

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOMED